Wednesday, January 15, 2014

An Introduction Into My Life

A few months ago, I had the desire to start a blog after having my baby girl, Ayden. Mainly as a type of journal to record the wonderful life we live, but also as a place where I can write down my thoughts of this world and of being a mother, a role that I have longed for my entire life, and of anything else I can think to write about! But, before I start with a post about the birth of my little angel, I wanted to make a short introduction of my family first :)

My husband, Sam, and I got married on August 31, 2012. We had met just after I had come home from BYU-Hawaii for the summer, dated for almost 2 weeks and then were engaged exactly a month after my homecoming! Crazy, right? I had never been the type to jump into something like that, I had been planning on going to Italy to be a nanny actually. But, plans changed :) When I had been in Hawaii, my brother Channing had texted me telling me that my future husband had just gotten home from his mission and his name was Sam Bartholomew. I laughed it off, thinking how silly he was and I did the same when I got home and he kept insisting it was destiny for Sam and I to meet. But, on April 26th, I met Sam and I stopped laughing. I remember praying a few days after meeting him and saying "Heavenly Father, I think I'm in love with him! If this is a joke, make this feeling go away or I might do something crazy!" Soon after, we were getting engaged! I remember someone saying once that love should not be hard, you shouldn't be fighting through obstacle after obstacle to be together, it should be easy and right. Well, that's the way it was for Sam and me. Everything was smooth going, I knew we were supposed to be together, the Lord wouldn't let me forget it :) We found a car, our house practically fell into our lap, the wedding plans went smoothly and we were so in love! I don't ever remember a time before that where I was so sure about anything!

We went on a honeymoon cruise to Catalina Island and Ensenada, Mexico and we had a blast! The following year brought: starting 5 newspaper routes and quickly thereafter trying to get out of them, me starting work at a daycare and quickly thereafter getting out of that horror of a job, getting fish one FHE, buying our (german shepherd) puppy Meeko, Sam's 22nd birthday, me starting work at the Clearfield Aquatic Center and loving it and the people I work with, getting chickens, going on a big road trip to see the Redwoods and all that the Highway 101 has to offer, finding out I was pregnant and being beyond excited about that, my 20th birthday, my uncle Wayne's funeral, going to the Dodgers game in California to see Elder Holland throw the first pitch, my grandpa's funeral, a couple's cruise with Sam's sister, Sarah, and her husband, Camron, to the Bahamas and a day in Florida to top it off on our 1st anniversary, low-key holidays this year with some awesome baby showers in between, and a month early grand entrance from our beautiful baby girl, Ayden Elizabeth Bartholomew! 

I know I left a lot out but, those were the highlights of this past year! It's looking at how much happens in life that made me want to have a record of it, in my own words. My husband is very good at blogging and keeping a journal and it's so amazing to go back to a specific day and see what happened in his words. So, I want to have that for myself, for my kids and their kids and so on. I want to be able to look back on some important event and know exactly how I felt about it. 

I'm no grand writer or anything like that, but, here goes nothing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment